Located about 70 miles north of Seattle on the picturesque Puget Sound, our Anacortes Refinery has a total crude-oil capacity of 120,000 barrels per day (bpd). The refinery primarily supplies gasoline, jet fuel and diesel fuel to markets in Washington and Oregon, and manufactures heavy fuel oils, liquefied petroleum gas and asphalt. It receives crude feedstock via pipeline from Canada, by rail from North Dakota and the central U.S. and by tanker from Alaska and foreign sources.
The Anacortes Refinery ships gasoline, jet fuel and diesel fuel through a third-party pipeline system that serves western Washington and Oregon. The facility delivers refined products, including CARB gasoline and components for it, through our marine terminal, to ships and barges. Additionally, Tesoro operates refined products terminals at Anacortes, Port Angeles and Vancouver, Wash.
Senior Manager, External Affairs
P.O Box 700
Anacortes, WA 98221-0700
- Anacortes full-time employees: 360
- Crude oil capacity: 120,000 bpd
- Created an employee-based team (EAGLES) to coordinate refinery and community environmental projects
- Supported EAGLES projects – Earth Day, Adopt-A-Highway cleanup, environmental awareness activities
Health and Safety
- Emphasis on process safety including employee-led programs
- Donated $60,000 in support of charitable organizations in Skagit County in 2012
- Matched employee contributions dollar-for-dollar to the Skagit County United Way; total 2012 contribution – $183,000
- Sponsored March Point Run, benefiting United Way of Skagit County and the American Cancer Society; sponsor the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life
- Sponsored the Anacortes School Foundation scholarship program