Located on the Cook Inlet, 60 miles southwest of Anchorage, our Kenai Refinery can process up to 72,000 barrels per day (bpd). The refinery produces gasoline and gasoline blendstocks, jet fuel, diesel fuel, heating oil and heavy fuel oils, propane and asphalt. Crude oil is delivered by double-hulled tankers through Cook Inlet and by pipeline from the Kenai Peninsula and Cook Inlet.
A 68-mile, 42,000 bpd common-carrier products pipeline transports jet fuel, gasoline and diesel fuel to the Port of Anchorage and the Anchorage International Airport. Wholesale delivery occurs through terminals in Kenai, Anchorage, Tesoro’s Nikiski dock and the Port of Anchorage. The refinery also supplies Tesoro’s network of Tesoro® and USA Gasoline™ stations throughout Alaska.
Senior Manager, External Affairs
P.O. Box 3369
Kenai, AK 99611
- Tesoro Alaska full-time employees: 550
- Crude oil capacity: 72,000 bpd
- Supporter of the Cook Inlet Regional Citizens Advisory Council
- Largest member of the Cook Inlet Spill Prevention & Response team
- Major co-sponsor of “Caring for the Kenai” – a nationally recognized contest for Kenai Peninsula high school students
Health and Safety
- 3.8 million hours since last Day Away From Work (DAFW) at the refinery
- Zero API process safety events in 2012 at the refinery
- Actively supports wide range of local events and programs – from employee fundraising for the United Way to youth sports programs
- Sponsor of all 5th and 6th grade classes on the Kenai Peninsula to conduct a mission at the Kenai Challenger Learning Center
- Founding sponsor and annual supporter of Alaska Business Week – a weeklong camp for high school students to learn about business and entrepreneurship