Our Martinez Refinery is located in Martinez, Calif., on 2,200 acres and has a crude oil capacity of 166,000 barrels per day (bpd).
Using crude oils from California and other domestic and foreign sources, the refinery produces motor fuels, including cleaner-burning California Air Resources Board (CARB) gasoline and CARB diesel fuel, as well as conventional gasoline and diesel fuel. The refinery also produces heavy fuel oils, liquefied petroleum gas and petroleum coke.
The Martinez Refinery receives crude oil by tanker through the San Francisco Bay at the Tesoro Logistics LP Martinez marine terminal, a third-party terminal in Martinez and third-party pipeline systems.
Director, N. Calif. Government & Public Affairs
150 Solano Way
Martinez, CA 94553-1487
- Martinez full-time employees: 650
- Crude oil capacity: 166,000 bpd
- Supports Bird Rescue Center, East Bay Park District, John Muir Heritage Land Trust and Lindsay Wildlife Museum
- Promotes recycling at the refinery
- Steward of natural habitats including the 760-acre Point Edith Wildlife Area
- Works with state and federal agencies to protect surrounding habitat
Health and Safety
- Focus on process safety integration
- Joint union/management committee emphasis on continual improvement has lowered OSHA recordable rates
- Donated 15 refinery-owned baseball fields and soccer facilities to 90 youth baseball and soccer teams
- Supported Boys and Girls Clubs of Diablo Valley, Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano Counties, Special Olympics of Northern California, Blue Star Moms, Vietnam Veterans of Diablo Valley, local schools, We Care Services for Children and United Way of the Bay Area