Salt Lake City Refinery
Our Salt Lake City Refinery began operations in 1908 and is now the largest in Utah with a total crude-oil capacity of 58,000 barrels per day (bpd).
The refinery processes crude oil from Utah, Colorado, Wyoming and Canada to manufacture gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, heavy fuel oils and liquefied petroleum gas. These products are distributed through a system of terminals and pipelines, primarily to markets in Utah, Idaho and eastern Washington, with some product delivered to Nevada and Wyoming. The refinery also supplies jet fuel to the Salt Lake City International Airport.
The refinery supplies Tesoro’s network of Tesoro®, Shell®, and USA Gasoline™ stations mostly in Utah, Idaho and Nevada.
Vice President, Salt Lake City Refinery
Manager, Human Resources
474 West 900 North
Salt Lake City, UT 84103-1494
- Salt Lake City full-time employees: 230
- Crude oil capacity: 58,000 bpd
- 2013 / 2014 expansion project will result in a 1 percent reduction in sulfur dioxide (SO2) by the end of 2014
- Reduced emissions by installing ultra-low NOx burners
- Bensat Unit startup resulting in net reduction in vehicle emissions – 2012
Health and Safety
- 2012 NPRA Award for Meritorious Safety Performance
- Participates in local behavior based safety program (STEPP)
- Upgraded safety equipment including the refinery water system
- Leadership and support for several charitable organizations in Salt Lake Valley
- More than $1 million donated over last 20 years to United Way of Salt Lake
- Corporate Sponsor of Junior Achievement, Salt Lake United Way, Red Cross and the Rose Park Community